This free course is thanks to the Queensland Government Sporting Grants and to Athletics North Queensland.
Athletics North Queensland will be running a free Officials course for all interest people. This is a great opportunity for athletes, parents, officials, teachers and volunteers to gain valuable knowledge, along with receiving a national and international qualification. Participants will receive a Grade 2 Athletics Australia National Qualification from this course.
The Cairns region is desperately low on athletics officials, which makes it hard to successfully run am athletics meet. ANQ is hoping that more people will start stepping up, so that clubs have more support to run club and carnival days, along with the region being able to host state, national and international athletics events.
The Officials Course will cover many aspects of officiating, including;
Some aims of the course include;
1. To raise the standard of athletics technical officiating.
2. To raise the status of athletics technical officials.
3. To monitor the standard of athletics facilities.
4. To disseminate information of interest to athletics technical officials.
5. To try to ensure through recruitment, that meetings are adequately staffed.
6. To suggest the best techniques for examining athletics technical officials.
7. To create a rapport with both athletes and coaches.
8. To speak with one voice on issues which affect athletics technical officials
Participants must be 14 years and older to attend this seminar.
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided. Participants need to bring their own lunches.
Theory and exams are on Day 1 of the course. This is mandatory for all participants. Day 2 of the course is all practical, where the lecturer will educate participants on a range of everyday, common principles to follow. Day 2 is optional, but highly suggested.
Your course details:
Date: Saturday 28th July (Mandatory) – Sunday 29th July (Optional)
Time: Saturday: 8.30am-5.00pm – Sunday 8.30am – 12pm
Location: Mulgrave Athletics Conference Building - Johnson Park, Campbell Street, Gordonvale Qld 4865
Participant Cost: Free